Friday, July 24, 2009

Mango Salad

By Kathryn Washburn Breighner

We went to a potluck dinner last night and on my kitchen counter were the last of a large quantity of mangoes sent to me by David for my birthday. So guess what I used in my potluck dish? Mangoes! My mango salad was a huge hit and not the normal northern Michigan salad--but then who has lots of mangoes in northern Michigan? I do!

I created this based on what I had in the kitchen so here's how it went together:

3 large mangoes, peeled, diced
3 medium sized green onions, chopped--pulled from my garden, one green, one yellow, one red
3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
1 hot pepper, your choice, I used jalapeno, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
1 small red pepper, diced
3 T olive oil
1 1/2 T lime juice
salt and pepper

No comments: