Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Broiled Bananas--Super Simple!

By Kathryn Washburn Breighner

I was in the mood for something sweet tonight but didn't want to go to the effort of a baked good or pudding. So I used what I had: bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. And what a treat!

This simple dessert takes minutes to prepare. I used one banana per person.  I cut the bananas lengthwise and placed them in a baking dish. Brown sugar sprinkled over the bananas topped with just a bit of melted butter and a dash of cinnamon completed the dish. Under the broiler they went for about 3 minutes until the brown sugar started to sizzle.

Once in dishes, I topped each banana with a dollop of plain yogurt (mine, of course, since I make my own). And that is it! Five minutes start to finish.

No comments: