Monday, October 12, 2009

Leftover Pork Tenderloin Stir Fry

By Kathryn Washburn Breighner

I had a large piece of leftover grilled pork tenderloin and a lot of fresh vegetables. Together, they made quite a delicious and easy dish.

What I had to use for this dish:

2 c chopped pork tenderloin, cooked
1 red pepper, sliced into long, thin strips
1 green pepper, sliced into long, thin strips
diced hot pepper to taste
1 medium onion, sliced from top to bottom
1/2 c carrots, sliced thin in 2" strips
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 T olive oil
1/2 c pepper jelly--I used some that I had made
salt and pepper
1/2 fresh parsley

Heat the oil and add the peppers, onion, carrots, and garlic. Saute over med-high heat until the veggies begin to soften but are still crisp. Add the pepper jelly, salt and pepper and 1/2 of the parsley and stir for 1 minute. Add the chopped pork and stir until the pepper jelly begins to simmer.

I served this on rice that had been cooked with Penzey's pork base and topped it with the remaining parsley. Only one word for this dish: Gone!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Kathie and the three siblings in the kitchen! It sounds good to me and I'm going to have to try some of the recipes. I need all the help I can get with cooking! I hope you remember me, an old classmate, Nancy Orr (Widaman). Saw your Dad last night and he gave me this info. Hope to talk to you soon!

Three Washburns In The Kitchen said...

Nancy, great to hear from you! Can you send an email to threewashburnsiblings@gmail.com so I can connect with you? Kathie