Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Super Simple Green Beans

By Kathryn Washburn Breighner

Because I grow green beans in my garden--tender, tiny, French beans that are incredible--I am fussy about buying big, possibly old 'fresh' green beans in the grocery store. They don't taste the same as the French beans picked from my garden 5 minutes before they were steamed.

But this recipe can make any big ole green bean taste wonderful as well as frozen beans (such as the beans I froze last summer from the garden!).

Saute 1 small, diced onion in 2 T olive oil.

When onions are translucent, add 1/2 c chicken stock and 1 t thyme. Season with pepper; add salt sparingly depending on seasoning in stock.

Cover the pan and simmer on low heat for 7-10 minutes.

Done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the teaspoon of bacon oil!